Bamboo floor maintenance is just like that for any other traditional hardwood flooring:
- After installation clean with a no-wax, non-alkaline cleaner. Do not allow the cleaner or any other liquid to pool or remain on the surface, as this may damage the bamboo. Never clean or “wet mop” with water or any other product mixed with water, as this may dull the finish or damage floor.
- Quickly remove spills.
- Regularly vacuum and/or sweep with a soft broom. Loose dirt and sand are a bamboo floor’s worst enemy, as they can scratch or be ground into the floor’s surface.
- Place door mats at exterior door areas.
- Use area rugs in high-traffic sections.
- Install protective feet on all furniture legs.
- Remove shoes (especially high-heeled shoes) prior to walking on bamboo flooring.
Posted in: Maintenance questions